It’s a big deal when people change the location of all their stuff – and themselves – and leave behind a collection of memories. Awful wallpaper? Not so much. Celebrate their new address, their fresh opportunities in a new space with a message & card from you.
- Mention their new abode specifically – house, apartment, condo – in a way that highlights the positive. More space. Less to clean. Closer to town. Elbow room.
- Make it personal. Include their name. Their cat’s name. You get it – make it more than a generic gesture.
- Remind them that you’re willing to help or bring food or dog walk. Or watch them unpack. What was that new wifi password? If the move was long distance, call in their pizza order, on you.
A new address starts to feel like home when the familiar begins to happen again. It’s a great housewarming gift to supply some normal in the midst of cluttered chaos. Your best idea to help with that can’t come too soon!
25 Messages and Wishes to say Happy New Home
- Happy New Home! – May the walls ring with love and laughter!
- Congrats! Happy New Home, Lisa and George!
- New Home – New hopes to hope, new memories to make. Congrats, Nate and Piper!
- Happy New Home – Happy Unstacking! Happy Unpacking! Happy New Home!
- A new home is a place for memories to be made and dreams to come true. Congratulations!
- Welcome Home – It’s the perfect place for you, Lily! Congratulations!
- Congrats on the move – Hope your settling in is smoothing out, Britt and Sara!
- New Home – New to you to do your style, your personality, your life. It’ll be great, Amanda!
- New Home – Enjoy. Cherish. Embrace. Congrats, Dan and Kim!
- New Home – I know where you live. White or red? Can’t wait to see your new place!
- Raise the roof! Lift the laughter! So great you found a new place, Carter!
- Congrats on your cozy new place, Greta! May joy fill every room!
- A brand new key, a brand new place, a happy smile upon your face. Congratulations!
- Congratulations! What a great feeling to move into your new house! Wishing you all the best, Rob.
- New beginnings. New memories, New home. Congratulations, Cam and Alex!
- Your New Home – Congratulations!
- New Home – All the best in your brand new nest! Congrats, Michael and Ella!
- Congratulations – Hope your new neighbors aren’t assholes.
- Congrats on your new place! The cat playground phase is temporary. Promise. Enjoy!
- New Home – May the happiest days find your new address, Mark and Anya!
- Congratulations on your new nest! You’ll make it inviting and lovely, just like you, Keira!
- “Home is the nicest word there is.” (Laura Ingalls Wilder) So happy such a nice thing has happened to you! Congratulations, Riley!
- May your new house always feel like home. Congratulations on this huge milestone!
- New Home Congratulations – A cozy new nest? Wish you all the best!
- Happy New Home – May every room fill up with joy!
- Brand new address? Yes! Congratulations, Pat and Kelly!
- With a house as nice as yours, I’ll be your new unofficial roommate! Congrats on being the coolest homeowner I know!
40 Quotes and Blessings for a Happy New Home
“…Long life to you, and peace to you, to your family, and to all that is yours.”
“…“The ache for home lives in all of us.”
“Interiors shouldn’t be static works of art. You’re meant to interact with them.”
“There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.”
“There is no place like home.”
“Home is a shelter from storms – all sorts of storms.”
“I want my home to be that kind of place–a place of sustenance, a place of invitation, a place of welcome.”
“A house is made with walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.”
“Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.”
“Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.”
“The fellow that owns his own home is always just coming out of a hardware store.”
“People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage.”
“The ultimate luxury is being able to relax and enjoy your home”
“Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.”
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
“Love begins at home.”
“Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home…”
“Home is where we should feel secure and comfortable.”
May your walls know joy; may every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.
“If I see it in nature, I know it will work in a home.”
“Repurposing and restyling are what make a home personal.”
“A house is made of brick and mortar, but home is made by the people who live there.”
“Home is where you feel loved, appreciated, and safe.”
“That house was…a perfect house, whether you like food or sleep, or story-telling or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear and sadness.”
“Any home can be a castle when the king and the queen are in love.”
“I am grateful for the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and floors that need waxing because it means I have a home.”
“It’s really the cat’s house – we just pay the mortgage.”
“What I love the most about my home is who I share it with.”
“Every house where love abides And friendship is a guest, Is surely home, and home sweet home For there the heart can rest.”
“One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop.”
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
Irish Blessings and House Toasts:
“May joy and peace surround you, Contentment latch your door, And happiness be with you now, And bless you evermore.”
“May love and laughter light your days and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures. May all life’s passing seasons bring the best to you and yours.”
“May the roof above us never fall in And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.”
“May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire.”
“May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.”
“May your home always be too small to hold all of your friends.”
“May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door.”
“The longest road out is the shortest road home.”