Retirement caps a career and opens the door to long-anticipated plans and dreams. Your happy retirement wishes in a greeting card, email, or text are a pat on the back, a standing ovation, a hearty toast celebrating both the accomplishment and expectations that retirement represents.
- Tailor your best wishes to the retiree as well as your level of relationship or appropriateness given your employment positions. If in doubt, traditional is always tasteful.
- If you know the person well enough, a nod to a favorite color or pet or hobby bumps up the personal vibe of your greeting.
- A line of congratulations from you takes only a minute to add and makes your message memorable.
Before this retiree gets busy with golf or gardening or grandchildren, celebrate their life accomplishments and the rewards that follow. One more voice does more than raise the volume. It warms the heart. Add yours.
There aren’t many goals that take decades to achieve. Retirement celebrates perseverance and determination and anticipates new projects, new activities, new goals. Your card, email, or text will add to the happy of “Happy Retirement!”
- Enjoy your retirement! Now the fun begins! All the best to you, Ed!
- Retirement congratulations! It’s time to follow dreams long set aside and enjoy the rewards of work done well. Wishing you the best, Martin!
- Woo hoo! Kick up your heels and enjoy your retirement, Alex!
- Happy Retirement Day! Happy every day of your Retirement, Carol!
- Happy Retirement! Enough with your daily job. Now it’s time for your life’s work! Congratulations, Tom!
- Happy Retirement, Terry! Who knows what new adventures lie ahead? Here’s to happy endings for them all!
- Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement, Bob! All the best to you always.
- Best wishes as you retire, Susan. You’re such a gifted, creative person, your retirement won’t be dull for a minute! Congratulations!
- Happy Retirement! Congratulations on this new phase of your life, Steve. May all your hopes and plans come true!
- Congratulations! You got your life back! Enjoy every minute, Jim!
- Congratulations! It’s a very good year to retire, Pat!
- You’re free as a bird! Youve earned your wings! Enjoy your retirement, Mary!
- Finish Line! Here’s to your success and new adventures! Congratulations on your retirement, Sharon!
- Congrats! Congratulations, Mary, on your well-deserved retirement!
- CONGRATULATIONS! Happy Retirement, Carey!
- Happy Retirement! It’s time to kick back and enjoy. You’ve earned it! Wishing you luck in all that you do, Sam.
- Retirement ahead! Looks like friendly seas from here on out, Charles! Enjoy the adventure!
- Well Done. How satisfying to retire with so many successes to remember! Congratulations, Barb!
- Congrats! Enjoy your retirement, Joy! You’ve made a difference here.
- Sincere Congratulations! Your success has been fueled by your intelligence and energy, and you’ve earned our greatest respect. Best wishes in your retirement, Robin!
- Sharon, your leadership skills have driven our success. We’ll miss you, but we wish you all the best as you retire. Congratulations!
- All the best to you, Amy, as you retire. “The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.” (Deepika Padukone) Enjoy the harvest of your many successes!
- Well Done. Savor and enjoy this worthy goal accomplished! Happy Retirement, Lynn!
It’s okay to consult the wordsmiths of the world when our own attempts are falling flat or we’re looking for just the right expression for a special occasion. Retirement is one of life’s biggest milestones, and one of our twenty-five collected quotes will add a touch of humor or wisdom or affirmation to your card, email, or text. Copy. Paste. Win.
Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can’t retire his experience. He must use it. Experience achieves more with less energy and time.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.
Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life into something new and different.
Don’t simply retire from something; have something to retire to.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
Retirement’s the most wonderful thing. I get to enjoy all the things I never stopped to notice on the way up…
The key to retirement is to find joy in the little things.
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
To some of us, retirement gives us time to follow our dreams.
I see retirement as just another of these reinventions, another chance to do new things and be a new version of myself.
The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.
The joy of retirement comes in those everyday pursuits that embrace the joy of life…
Retirement may be an ending, a closing, but it is also a new beginning.
Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.
It’s time to celebrate all the hard work that led to this joyful occasion.
You might be on the back nine of life, but it’s good to finish strong.
You might retire from a job, but never retire from making contributions. Indeed, life is about contribution, not accumulation.
Retire from work, but not from life.
Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to great places. You’re off and away!
Retirement is wonderful if you have two essentials – much to live on and much to live for.
…to me, retirement means doing what you have fun doing.
The biggest reward for a thing well done is to have done it.
There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.